THE BRO'KIN SOCK HOLIDAY CAMPAIGN
NOV 20 - DEC 20
From Nov 20th - Dec 20th, with your help, The Bro'Kin Yolk is teaming up with sockbox.ca to give back to Calgary's homeless through the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre by donating new socks to those in need!
Did you know?
Homeless people in Calgary walk on average 26 km/day? Most of the time with only 1-2 pairs of socks for weeks or even months. A recent survey was done by U of C Cumming School of Medicine to assess some of the mental and physical health concerns of our homeless people in Calgary and the results were::
- 37 % reported skin/foot problems
- 37% also reported mobility problems
Clean, dry, warm socks promote health, keep people out of our emergency rooms and can change people's lives!
Here are THREE ways on how YOU can help!
- Get your brunch on at The Bro'Kin Yolk and purchase the Open-faced Avocado Sandwich. For every time you order this dish, The Bro'Kin Yolk will donate 1 pair of socks.
- Head to sockbox.ca and purchase any subscription. For every purchase of a subscription, 1 pair of socks will be donated. Did we mention these make great holiday gifts?
- Drop off a pair of NEW socks at The Bro'Kin Yolk and they will all be collected at the end to be dropped off at the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre.
The Bro'Kin Yolk gratefully acknowledges its partners: